You have no items in your shopping cart.
A commercial or residential generator can play a vital role for many reasons. This purchase is one of the few ways you can ensure a reliable source of backup power in the event of an outage. Here are a few things you should consider before purchasing a diesel generator.
1. PlacementYou will need to evaluate your property to see where a generator could be effectively placed. According to NPR, for both safety and health reasons, a generator should be kept about 20 feet away from the main property so that exhaust fumes are directed away from the structure. You can talk with the professionals at a local company to discuss exactly where to place your system.
2. Power OutputYou will also need to consider the amount of energy that you will need from the generator. The amount of energy you will need for the unit to produce in an outage will be based on the equipment or appliances that you plan to run as well as the size of the property. The power output needs can vary greatly from structure to structure.
3. Fuel TypeAnother important consideration will be the type of fuel that will be used. Different types of fuel cost different amounts. If budgeting is important to you, then you will want to go with a type of fuel that is affordable, such as diesel. You should also make sure that you have the means to obtain this type of fuel nearby.
4. Operation CostsThe cost to operate the diesel generator will also need to be considered. Costs will involve the initial cost to purchase the system, the cost of fuel, and the cost of maintenance over time. Be sure that you are fully aware of all of these costs so that you can make an informed decision.
5. Fuel StorageYou will also need to consider how you plan to store the fuel you will need for your unit. Fuel must be stored safely and according to regulations in your community. If you fail to store fuel safely, then you can create a fire hazard for your property.
6. NoiseYou might also want to consider how much noise the generator creates. Different types of generators create different amounts of noise. If noise is going to be an issue, then speak with an installation company to learn about different models that might have reduced levels of sound.
We are proud to sell the highest-quality units and offer world-class repair and maintenance. If you would like to learn more about diesel generators, then please contact us today. One of our experts would be happy to go over our selection.